Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA2008-2012
- B.S. in Neuroscience, Cellular Neurobiology Track
- Graduated Cum Laude, with Research Honors
- GPA: 3.4/4.0
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- Technical Writing Certification
University of the People
- B.S. in Computer Science
Research Analyst and Science Writer
Physician Insurers Association of America
- Write medical-related reports for research journal publication.
- Understand and use medical terminology as required.
- Technical writing and editing of database reference manual, including software user documentation.
- Perform SQL searches, literature searches on medical issues and write up journal articles, newsletters, and web content for publication. I analyze medical data for trends in medical liability, and write up reports for publication.
- Send out monthly medically-oriented Research Notes to member companies regarding research in the Medical Professional Liability (MPL) field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign.
Technical Writing Internship
TDM Business Toole Suite
- Write user guides and workshops.
- Edit technical content by other members of the technical writing team.
- Develop course/workshop materials.
- Develop best practice in documentation skills.
- Experience with Madcap Flare.
Freelance Writing and Editing
- Work with clients, researching scientific literature and writing research papers on neurobiological and neuropsychological topics, biological research theses, research comparatives, and general articles.
- Write, submit and publish to online research journals.
Children’s Neuroscience Book
- Wrote a neuroscience book for children, which is in the process of being illustrated and published; a publisher may be interested in the work.
- Developed very strong skills in distilling scientific information that a given audience can understand.
- Maintain a neuroscience/psychology blog, where I post original articles for the general public, as well as for those with a scientific background.
- Aim with my blog is to promote science literacy in ways that are succinct and enjoyable to read, while still being highly informative.
- Blog link: neuravinci.com.
Impulse, Undergraduate Neuroscience Journal Peer-Reviewer
- Learned about the peer review process, including editing, scientific analysis, timeliness, and also how to receive criticism of my own work.
- Enhanced my editing and journalism skills, as well as my overall communication and collaboration abilities.
Research and Teaching
The Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 2013-2014
- Gained collaborative skills, working in a setting where communication and facilitation between other lab members was a key point.
- Increased skills in data collection and analysis, as well as in analytical thinking.
- Cultivated organization skills.
- Learned to better multi-task, while still maintaining a very strong attention to detail.
- Developed better ways to be organized with information, and strengthened my ability to analyze data and conduct research.
- Learned how to consolidate technical information from various sources into research papers for a scientific audience, as well as for a general audience.
- Developed my quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis abilities.
Lehigh Valley High School Neuroscience Instructor, 2012-2013
- Created and implemented a neuroscience course from scratch, developing communication and leadership skills.
- Learned how to organize information and communicate effectively to others who may not have the range of science understanding that I have.
- Practiced communicating to my superiors and distilling information to them regarding science, both in written and oral form.
Lehigh University Research Assistant, 2012-2013
- Learned how to coordinate meetings, keep study files organized and easily accessible, as well as consolidate written material into succinct papers.
- Gained better independent-working skills, while still learning to collaborate effectively with several other researchers, and dozens of research participants.
- Learned how to organize data, as well as analyze for trends and correlations.
- Developed Microsoft Office skills.
- Enhanced my capabilities in performing background analysis and synthesis of scientific literature in order to design research studies. I then executed several research studies independently, and also collaboratively.
- Wrote summaries of research articles, including methodology and results, and presented the information to my superiors in written and oral form. I also used this work as platforms for designing and implementing my own studies.
Moravian College Research Assistant, 2009-2012
- Developed my self-discipline, as well as learned how to better manage my time.
- Strengthened my analysis skills, editing and proofreading capabilities, and quantitative/qualitative data collection skills.
- Organized several years’ worth of data into spreadsheets.
- This called for immense reasoning and organizational skills, as well as strong analytical skills.
- Developed my oral presentation skills, eventually getting the chance to present my research to Dr. Peter Agre, Nobel Prize Laureate.
- Created weekly progress reports and presented them to superiors.